For many people, having a dark armpit can cause embarrassment such as skin diseases and discoloration in other parts of the body. Dark armpit can result in a lack of confidence and self-esteem. How to whiten dark armpits? What causes dark armpits? There are various potential causes of dark armpits including;
- Deodorants and anti-perspirant- chemical irritants.
- Shaving- irritation and abrasion
- Dead skin cell accumulation- lack of exfoliation
- Friction – tight clothes
- Smokers’ melanosis- hyperpigmentation caused by smoking
- Hyperpigmentation – increase melanin
- Acanthosis Nigricans – often a sign of diabetes, obesity, or abnormal hormone levels
- Erythrasma -bacterial infection
- Melasma – dark patches on skin
- Addison’s disease – damaged adrenal gland Here are the natural beauty treatments to lighten your underarm
- Lemon and Baking soda- baking soda is an exfoliator that unclog the pores and tightens dark underarms. On the other hand, lemon is a powerful antiseptic and natural bleaching agent. Mix one teaspoon of baking soda and the squeezed lemon juice to make a paste. Rub this paste evenly on your armpits and dry them for five minutes. Wash them with warm water and apply moisturizer. Repeat this method three- or four-times a week for effective results
- Apple cider vinegar and baking soda: Mix two teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and two teaspoon of baking soda, it will start bubbling. Once the bubbles are gone apply this mixture on your armpit and let it dry. Let it stay for few minutes and then rinse with cold water and pat dry. Do these three or four times a week.
- Milk, Turmeric and Honey: Mix one spoon of milk and one teaspoon of turmeric powder and one teaspoon of honey. Mix it well and put this paste on your armpit, dry them and rinse. Do it every day.
- Brown sugar and Olive oil: Mix well three teaspoon of brown sugar, and two teaspoon of virgin olive oil. Use this mixture to rub your armpit for two minutes and then leave it for five minutes. After five minutes clean your armpit with warm water. Dry them with a soft towel. Do this twice a week.
- Potato – are also great for pigmentation and discoloration in the armpits. Peel the potatoes, grate and squeeze to make juice. Apply the juice directly on your armpits and rinse it off after fifteen minutes with cold water. You can do this twice a day. Once in the morning and once before going to bed at night.
- Tea tree oil and Water: Put a cup of water in a small spray bottle. Add five drops of tea tree oil to it and shake to mix well. Spray it on your armpits and let it dry. Do it every day.
- Cucumber – Along with other bleaching properties, cucumbers are also full of Vitamins and minerals. Just rub a few slices of cucumber for a minute or two. Let the juice stay on your skin for ten minutes, then rinse with water. It is an excellent choice to reduce skin darkening if you repeat this method every day.
- Coconut oil: Massage a few drops of coconut oil on your armpits and let it stay for fifteen minutes. Then wash your underarms with warm water and mild soap. Repeat these two to three times a day.
Disclaimer: This is for informational and educational purposes only. Always consult health Professionals for advice and questions regarding health conditions.